Followers

RSS

Reflection about after playing the Haiti Earthquake game

We were asked by Miss Yoon go back to play this game. At first, I found out that it sounds interesting. This is because I haven't been in this kind of situation before.
Firstly, I chose to be a survivor as my role in that game. There is a voice came out, telling me that what situation am I in. After that, you can see the real and clear image that really happens during Haiti earthquake and there's vibration as well. I was given a few situations and was asked to make a decision by clicking one of the answers in order to proceed. That's all and I finished playing the game.
The activity that I would like to introduce to my students through this game is firstly, for sure I will ask all of them to go back home and play the game. Then, on the next lesson, they will be asked to state out their opinions about the problems and solutions regarding the game.(The opinions must only regarding the disaster as they were asked to put  themselves into that situation, pretending themselves as victims). For an example, they can state out an opinion like the medication supplement should be fully prepared all the time at particular areas in order to save more victims. The other fellows will have to write down what their classmates have stated. Then, they will be asked to write an essay with not more than 120 words. After done writing, they will be asked to exchange their works among themselves for editing. Then, I will ask them to submit their works to me.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment